With tablet and smartphone use on the rise, there is no shortage of finance applications for such devices. Several investment management firms have already created apps for the iPad. On Thursday October 25th, Invesco followed suit announcing the launch of a new app intended for financial intermediaries and investors.
Though it's still a bit early to tell how much advisors and clients will like and use the app, the good news for Invesco is that advisor tech expert Bill Winterberg of FPPad.com gives this app a passing grade.
"I think it's in the top tier of apps for asset managers," Winterberg said in a phone interview. "It shows they invested the time in getting the user interface right."
Available on the iTunes App Store, the new app will provide "on-the-go access" to investing resources, according to Invesco.
According to a statement from Invesco, the key app features include the following:
- Product finder to identify appropriate strategies across a comprehensive range of asset classes.
- Personalized views of product data through interactive charts and graphs.
- Customized briefcase for products and commentaries that can be shared with clients and colleagues.
- Insights and analysis from Invesco investment professionals.
- Exclusive business-building ideas from Invesco Consulting, a team specializing in innovative techniques for financial intermediaries.
All On Wall Street articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to exclusive industry white paper downloads, web seminars, blog discussions, the iPad App, CE Exams, and conference discounts. Qualified members may also choose to receive our free monthly magazine and any of our daily or weekly e-newsletters covering the latest breaking news, opinions from industry leaders, developing trends and growth strategies.