Bennett Freeman works with companies that traditional socially responsible investors never used to consider owning, like Exxon Mobile and Dow Chemical. He talked to writer Elizabeth Wine about advocating with those companies to adopt greener policies.
1. SRI investments have increased 13% to $3 trillion. How much of that is nervous money moving around versus performance? The biggest driver of growth of assets is the growing concern of investors about certain environmental and social and governance (ESG) issues. Sustainability is not just about environmental protection, but about building strong economies and encouraging growth and investment in ways that can be maintained in the long term. Investors have also become more aware and sensitive to how non-financial factors like ESG can affect the financial performance of companies and ultimately the investment performance as well.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All On Wall Street content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access