You may be the strictest adherent to a fiduciary standard - but that doesn't mean your clients aren't at risk of fraud on other fronts. Financial abuse, often aimed at the elderly and those in declining health, is more widespread than is generally assumed. As illustrated in these recent cases, the consequences can be devastating:
* A couple in their late 70s was persuaded to invest nearly 90% of their net worth in an annuity, a wildly inappropriate high-commission product that had no reasonable place in their plan.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All On Wall Street content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access