An elderly couple, who are clients of one of our investment advisors, want to name him in their wills as the trustee of a trust for their child. If we switch the clients to one of our other representatives, would it be permissible for the original advisor to serve as trustee and would this mean we didn't have custody?

— M.T., Atlanta

Register or login for access to this item and much more

All On Wall Street content is archived after seven days.

Community members receive:
  • All recent and archived articles
  • Conference offers and updates
  • A full menu of enewsletter options
  • Web seminars, white papers, ebooks

Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access